- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 oz. dried astragalus root
- 1 oz. dried angelica root
- 1/2 oz. dried chamomile
- 1 tsp. dried ginger
- 1 tsp. dried orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. cardamom seeds
- 10 oz. alcohol (recommended: 100 proof vodka)
1. Dissolve the honey in 2 teaspoons of boiling water. Let cool.
2. Combine the honey and the next 7 ingredients in a Mason jar and pour alcohol on top.
3. Seal tightly and store the bitters in a cool, dark place.
4. Let the bitters infuse until the desired strength is reached. It’ll take about 2–4 weeks. Shake the jars regularly (about once per day).
5. When ready, strain the bitters through a muslin cheesecloth or coffee filter. Store the strained bitters in an airtight container at room temperature.
How to use it: Mix this bitters into hot tea or take a few drops first thing when you wake up for protection during cold and flu season.